What if I don't have faith?
I have split tomorrow's sermon into two weeks and then I still have too much. William Guthrie, a puritan, in his sermon on Mark 11:24 lists several reasons why someone should be concerned if they don't have faith:
- Consider the danger of such a case.
- They are prey to the devil.
- They are prey to their own lusts.
- It deprives them of fellowship with God, and with Jesus Christ.
- Lack of faith brings hardness of heart.
- Not only can they not pray acceptably, they cannot speak to God.
- The cannot bring forth fruit to the glory of God.
- Whatever they do is sin.
- They are liable to the wrath of God, now and hereafter.
- They shall irrecoverably die and perish eternally.
- They should sincerely consider their case and condition.
- They should realize they have hope, yet while they live, of finding faith and use every means possible to get it.