Campbells Celebrate 70th Anniversary
Last Wednesday at the SAM luncheon we celebrated with Ed and Jessie Campbell their 70th wedding anniversary. They were married on May 10, 1937. Their son, Don, gave us some history of their family and then several people shared what Ed and Jessie had meant to them over the years. Seventy years together is quite an accomplishment. To give you some perspective on what this means, just in historic terms, here are some facts about 1937:
- Charlie Chaplin had just made his first "talkie". (2/5/37)
- DuPont receieves patent for nylon. (2/16/37)
- Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd had just made their debut. (4/17/37)
- The Hindenburg had just exploded. (5/6/37)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was president.
- Germany was invading Spain.
- The Golden Gate Bridge had not yet opened. (5/26/37).